Friday, August 15, 2008

Staying busy this summer!

Last weekend we went to Austin to spend time with Dave, Kim, Cole & Ryan. Everyone had a great time playing the Wii, X-box, DS, Rock band hero (or whatever they are all called!) Dave has it all!! Now mine want it. Thanks! We woke up bright and early Sunday morning and made our way to The Schlitterbahn! Whoo Hoo! Of course, when you are with my brother, you are organized...so we were early and were able to ride several slides before the crowds hit. Dylan was brave enough to take on the body slides (soda straws) and another I don't know the name of. We all rode the tube shute ride, and Adam was less than thrilled. He cried the whole way down, and unfortunately, I couldn't do anything about it until we made it to the bottom. Regan on the other hand, laughed the entire way. She loved the tube slide. Most of the day was spent at the smaller kid areas. Thanks to Dave and Kim, Cole and Ryan for a GREAT time!

On our way out of town, we stopped to visit a couple of long lost friends - Anna and Darrell. Anna and I were roommates/sorority sisters in college. It was great to see them and catch up while all 3 of mine and one of hers slept.


This week we are trying to get ready for back to pre-school! I am SO READY to have a few days to myself each week. I think I will sleep for the first couple of weeks, and then start on all the projects I have planned. It is amazing what can be done in 5 hours without kids in the house! Regan and Dylan will be going into separate classes this year. I have yet to tell them that part...I think it is best to wait until the day before "meet the teachers". I know that if I tell them now, they will spend the next week stressing over it and building up a fear of starting school. It is the best decision for them (to be in different classes), and I have no doubt that they will be okay with it eventually.



Mark and I will be enjoying a much needed trip to Puerta Vallerta (sp?) at the end of the month. With all of the traveling he did last year (4 days a week), he earned enough Marriott Rewards points for an all-inclusive vacation for the both of us. Had there only been enough points for one of us, I would have been lonely on the beach by myself! :) It was a rough year for both of us, so this trip will be a nice reward.


I need to get back into the habit of taking pictures like I used to. Actually, I need to get a smaller camera to take with me in my purse. Mark would KILL me if he knew I was wanting a different camera after the investment he made in the one I have. But, realistically, I can't carry that huge camera with me everywhere I go. Any suggestions on a good purse size digital camera (not too pricey) would be great!









Last month, we celebrated my friend and neighbor's 40th birthday at a party down the street. The hit of the party was a cartoon artist drawing all the couple's pictures. Can you find ours???





I hope everyone is doing good! I promise to get better at posting more! :)


Love, Wendy

2 comments:

Victoria said...

We miss you guys so much - it hurts.

We need to get together soon. We keep saying it but we really should. I miss talking to you, Wendy.

Love you all,
Vicky

Anonymous said...

Wendy,

I love this all....I saw at least 3outfits that Regan has on that my daughter too has....They also have the same backpacks...cupcake with poka-dot-straps...Gosh, I love Target...your family is precious!!! Regan does look just like you and your boys are so handsome...keep the site up...I will follow...I also want to purchase some hairbows from you...You are so crafty!!! A girl can never have too many...take care you!