Sunday, August 24, 2008

Meet the Teachers!

Tonight was meet the teachers at the kids preschool. They did such a great job! I read the teacher cards to them on Friday, letting them know that Regan and Dylan would be in different classes, and they didn't really even flinch at the thought. Dylan has said once that he wants to be in Regan's class, and after tonight, Regan mentioned that she wanted to be in Dylan's class, but no fits, crying, drama...you know....the typical Yamasaki kids reaction. I was SHOCKED, to say the least. I guess it was more my anxiety than theirs....THANK GOODNESS! Let's hope and pray that Wednesday goes equally as smooth! Enjoy the pics!







Tomorrow evening we have our first Free Trial TaeKwanDo class. It should be very interesting. They keep talking about karate, and practice kicks on each other (I know, scary!), so I figured this might be the route to take. The hard part for them will be deciding which sport they want to continue with, Karate or gymnastics. Adam will stay in gymnastics because he LOVES it, and he is too young for TaeKwanDo. I will keep you updated with their selection.

I ran a little over 3 miles this morning, and about died. I am starting to think that this is an awful lot of pain and exhaustion just to say I ran a "half marathon". I told my friend that if we were running the FULL marathon, it might be worth it.....she said "well, we just wouldn't be alive at the finish line to tell anyone that we ran a full marathon!" She is so right. As I was STILL struggling this morning after my 3 miles of torture, Mark came be-bopping in the house after his 9 mile run. And, he even goes when I get home, which makes it harder because it is hotter outside by then. I am not giving up, just venting. It has got to get easier. On the brighter side, I do feel healthier and more tone than before I started running. Next weekend will be 4 miles...wish me luck!

Take care!

1 comment:

Just For Conner said...

YEAH. Kids in school = peace for mom! When can we do lunch? Conner's first day today was a nightmare! Big shock, I know! haha. I've been running too! You helped inspire me! I'm not up to 3 miles though. Progress not perfection; right?